Hosting an event? Wondering if you should invest time and money on social media? With only a few exceptions, the answer is almost always yes! 👍🏻
Social media is invaluable when it comes to driving conversations and awareness around your event. It can also help you keep tabs on sentiment, what’s resonating with attendees, and provide a unique way to engage in real-time. 🎭
If you want to take your event into the digital world there are a few things to think about pre, during, and post-event. Like all social media initiatives, understanding your objectives and who you are targeting is key for success! 🗝
Now it’s important to note that creating an event experience is no easy feat! Which is why we are sharing our foolproof tips for rocking event coverage! 🤘🏻
🎟 Event Coverage Musts 🎟
- Create a Solid Social Media Strategy: It’s important to have a clear understanding of the business priorities for the event. From there, you can coordinate within your organization to ensure your strategy aligns with those priorities. 👩🏻💻
- Create an Officially Branded Hashtag: Make it simple, but memorable! You want to create social buzz around your event, so make it as easy as possible for attendees to know your event hashtag. Using your event hashtag on all social media channels leading up to and during your event is key! #️⃣
- Make Social Part of the Conversation: Build out a social engagement experience that invites attendees to share their experience via their personal social media channels. Acknowledge your attendees by liking, replying and sharing their content! 💬
- Utilize Different Social Platforms: Create Stories on Instagram, an album on Facebook, and live tweets on Twitter. You want to highlight your event in several ways, utilizing multiple social media platforms allows you to do so! 📱
- Tell Your Brand Story Visually: Events can be a great place to highlight visual content. You’ll want to incorporate a strategy that includes capturing fun and engaging content. Give followers a behind-the-scenes look, design engaging Story templates or go live! 🤳🏻
Ultimately social media is a huge part of how people experience the world today, and it’s no different for your event! Not only does it build excitement leading up to the event, but invites people who weren’t able to attend to join in on the fun! 🎊
Need help creating content for your social media?
Holler at us!